The FCW.com Top Ten
What you're watching: Open Government, e-Verify lead the way
1. How the Open Government Project got slimed
Buzz of the week: Right-wing blogs sent thousands of people to the Obama administration's public interaction tool to question Barack Obama's legitimacy as president.
2. Napolitano backs e-Verify
Obama's Homeland Security chief supports controversial system for contractors to ensure employees are eligible to work in the United States.
3. Kundra: Government must tap into Web 2.0's potential
The chief policymaker for federal information technology touts new social-media capabilities, urges agencies to adopt them.
4. Bloggers and tweeters sound off on Kundra, Chopra
Attendees at the Management of Change conference used social media well to keep colleagues abreast of speeches.
5. Conversation turns ugly at Open Government Dialogue.
FCW Insider comments on the Open Government Project and interest groups' efforts to shape its direction.
6. New federal CTO sets early agenda
In early appearances, Aneesh Chopra promises innovation.
7. Lawmakers praise Obama on cybersecurity approach
Congress reacts well to Obama's plan to appoint cybersecurity coordinator, other promised measures.
8. Feds to give states $250M for education data
Grants will allow states to establish databases for student achievements.
9. Cyber leader powers still unknown
Obama's eventual pick to coordinate cybersecurity will have certain powers — but what?
10. Napolitano appoints senior cybersecurity officials
National Cybersecurity Center now has leadership.