GSA dominates list of 10 most popular contracts
Survey finds that GSA is an indespensible, if not popular provider of procurement services
- By Nick Wakeman
- Sep 08, 2009
The General Services Administration catches plenty of flak. Sometimes for good reason; sometimes because the agency is an easy target.
But the results of an 1105 Government Information Group survey show that GSA is an indespensible, if not popular provider of procurement services.
As part of its annual government buying study, the media company surveyed 100,000 readers of Washington Technology and its sister publications Federal Computer Week and Government Computer News.
One question asked respondents to reveal what contract vehicles they planned to use in the coming year.
GSA captured six of the 10 spots on the list. The top 10 most popular contract vehicles are:
1. GSA SmartBuy, with 34 percent saying they plan to use it.
2. GSA Schedule 70 – 31 percent
3. GSA 8(a) STARS – 16 percent
4. Army ITES-2S --- 15 percent
5. GSA Networx – 13 percent
6. DISA I-Assure – 13 percent
7. DOD Enterprise Software Initiatives – 13 percent
8. GSA Alliant Small Business – 12 percent
9. GSA Millenia/Millenia Lite/Alliant – 12 percent
10. Army ADMC-2 – 12 percent
Nick Wakeman is the editor-in-chief of Washington Technology. Follow him on Twitter: @nick_wakeman.