Clouds and security: Doubts remain
A survey of IT managers in the United States and United Kingdom, conducted by Mimecast, shows high interest in clouds among IT managers, though they have lingering concerns about security.
- Organizations now using some form of cloud computing: 56 percent
- Adopters who say clouds improve security: 57 percent
- Biggest concerns among those not yet using clouds: Security and costs
- Those who say storing data outside the organization is a risk: 62 percent
- U.S. organizations considering new cloud services: 70 percent
Alan Joch is a freelance writer based in New Hampshire.