5 agency IT predictions for 2015
- By Gunnar Hellekson
- Oct 03, 2014
Red Hat's Gunnar Hellekson
1. Formal and informal innovation teams will suddenly appear at each agency, modeled on 18F and the U.S. Digital Service.
2. Hybrid cloud deployments, spanning on- and off-premise services, will begin to take hold.
3. Agencies will work together in earnest on shared services and APIs, many of which will be open source.
4. Databases and virtualization management will become prime targets for cost cutting.
5. More organizations will prefer building internal talent rather than outsourcing, making competition for young developers even more fierce.
Gunnar Hellekson is chief strategist for Red Hat's U.S. Public Sector.