The future of federal IT
FCW's Rising Star awards honor members of our community who are in the first 10 years of their federal IT career, and who are contributing at a level far above their pay grade. Much like our Federal 100 award winners, the Rising Stars have been recognized for driving change that goes well beyond their job descriptions.
And it's not just their current accomplishments -- these winners are seen by their colleagues and supervisors as the community leaders of tomorrow, and as talents to watch as they continue to advance.
Below are links to profiles for each of this year's 24 winners. Please take some time to get to know the women and men who are shaping the future of federal IT.
- Murtaza Ahmed, senior program manager at Lockheed Martin
- Rebecca Ayers, manager of performance management solutions at the Office of Personnel Management
- Kelli Bell, information assurace validator for the Naval Surface Warfare Center
- Brent Bensten, chief technology officer of Carpathia
- Matthew Berniger, senior cyber incident reponse lead for DHS' U.S. Computer Emergency Readiness Team
- Damon Bragg, operations and maintenance manager for DHS' Homeland Security Information Network
- Cristen Cole, IT project manager at GSA's Federal Systems Integration and Management Center
- Shawn Garrow, division head of the Navy's Tenth Fleet
- Michael Gross, IT auditor at the U.S. Postal Service's Office of Inspector General
- Isaiah Joo, program analyst for the State Department's Office of eDiplomacy
- Emily Maksymiuk, proposal writer at GovSmart
- Nina Malakouti, supervisory contract specialist at GSA
- Christina Manol, budget officer for the Army's Program Executive Office for Enterprise Systems
- Tanusree McCabe, senior manager at Blackstone Technology Group
- Farrell O'Neill Proffitt, vice president of RIVA Solutions
- Jon Quandt, program planner for the Government Printing Office
- Kent Reynolds, arhitect and developer for TCG
- Benjamin Rhodeside, senior policy advisor for Rep. Gerry Connolly (D-Va.)
- Larissa Riviezzo, assistant product manager at the Army's Program Executive Office for Enterprise Information Systems
- Megan Schmith, manager of platform strategy and innovative solutions at GSA
- Zach Scott, data analyst and program administrator for the EPA
- Ngoc Vu, IT strategist for the Securities and Exchange Commission
- Shawn Wells, director of innovation programs for Red Hat's public sector group
- Peter Wilson, chairman of ACT-IAC's Planning and Architecture Shared Interest Group
Connect with the FCW staff on Twitter @FCWnow.