2016 Federal 100 Awards
Fed 100 nominations are due Dec. 23
The deadline for 2016 Federal 100 Awards is fast approaching. So please help the most exceptional among these women and men to get the recognition they deserve!
The Fed 100s are the most prestigious awards in federal IT, and for good reason -- but it all starts with a great pool of nominees. So if you know individuals who you believe should be among the 2016 Federal 100, please make sure our judges know about them, too.
Not certain what it takes to make the Federal 100? Here are five points to remember:
- Anyone in the federal IT community is eligible: career civil servants, political appointees, contractors, academics — even members of Congress and staff.
- The award is for individual accomplishments in 2015.
- Winners go above and beyond — whatever their level or rank. A fancy job title is not required, and just doing one's job well is not enough.
- You are allowed to make multiple nominations. Do so early and often.
- Impact matters. Tell us what a nominee did, and what that work accomplished.
The deadline for submissions is Dec. 23. Go to FCW.com/2016fed100 for details, and submit your nominations today.
Troy K. Schneider is editor-in-chief of FCW and GCN.
Prior to joining 1105 Media in 2012, Schneider was the New America Foundation’s Director of Media & Technology, and before that was Managing Director for Electronic Publishing at the Atlantic Media Company. The founding editor of NationalJournal.com, Schneider also helped launch the political site PoliticsNow.com in the mid-1990s, and worked on the earliest online efforts of the Los Angeles Times and Newsday. He began his career in print journalism, and has written for a wide range of publications, including The New York Times, WashingtonPost.com, Slate, Politico, National Journal, Governing, and many of the other titles listed above.
Schneider is a graduate of Indiana University, where his emphases were journalism, business and religious studies.
Click here for previous articles by Schneider, or connect with him on Twitter: @troyschneider.