Margie Graves to lead industry side of ACT-IAC
- By Mark Rockwell
- Jun 29, 2020
Former deputy federal CIO Margie Graves will become vice chair of the American Council for Technology and Industry Advisory Council's industry committee in July and step up to chair it next July.
ACT-IAC announced the results of executive committee elections on June 29.
Graves will be elevated to chair IAC in July 2021. The planned succession is traditional for the organization.
The group changed its bylaws this year allowing Graves to be the first IAC chair to have a two year term, ACT-IAC CEO, Dave Wennergren told FCW. Moving ahead, he said, the pattern will be two years as executive vice chair and two years as chair.
The new term for elected members begins July 1, 2020.
Other new IAC executive committee members are:
- Tim Cooke (President and CEO of ASI Government) elected Vice Chair, Finance.
- Jonathan Benett (Technical Director for Digital Government Solutions at Adobe Systems Federal) elected Vice Chair at Large.
- Ann-Marie Johnson (Vice President of Client Growth at ArdentMC) Vice Chair at Large.
- Ellen Kuhn (Account Executive at Oracle) elected Vice Chair at Large.
- Kelly Morrison (Director at Grant Thornton Public Sector) elected Vice Chair at Large.
Mark Rockwell is a senior staff writer at FCW, whose beat focuses on acquisition, the Department of Homeland Security and the Department of Energy.
Before joining FCW, Rockwell was Washington correspondent for Government Security News, where he covered all aspects of homeland security from IT to detection dogs and border security. Over the last 25 years in Washington as a reporter, editor and correspondent, he has covered an increasingly wide array of high-tech issues for publications like Communications Week, Internet Week, Fiber Optics News, tele.com magazine and Wireless Week.
Rockwell received a Jesse H. Neal Award for his work covering telecommunications issues, and is a graduate of James Madison University.
Click here for previous articles by Rockwell.
Contact him at [email protected] or follow him on Twitter at @MRockwell4.