Women in Technology get awards for work in IT
The Women in Technology association awarded its 13th Annual Leadership Awards May 17. Rear Adm. Janice Hamby, deputy CIO for Command, Control, Communications and Computers (C4) and Information Infrastructure Capabilities in the Defense Department, won the Government category.
The other winners and their categories were:
- Barbara Doornink from SAIC won the Private (Large) category.
- Sharon Nelson from Sensei Enterprises, Inc. won the Private (Small) category.
- Susan Zeleniak from Verizon won the Public Sector (Large) category.
- Christine Do from Soft Tech Consulting, Inc. won the Public Sector (Small) category.
- Homaira Akbari from SkyBitz won the Global Impact category.
- Kathy Albarado from HeliosHR won the Entrepreneur category.
- Kelli Campbell from Discovery Education won the Education IT category.
- Sharon Gaheen from SAIC won the Health IT category.
- Lisa Bethel from Booz Allen Hamilton was named the “Unsung Hero.”
- Erica Salinas from CSC was named the "Rising Star."
- Denise Hart from O2 Lab, Inc. was named the WIT Champion.
- Jane Maliszewski from ISKA, and Piper Conrad from PKC Consulting received the WIT President’s Award.
The awards honor leading female professionals who have excelled as mentors, exemplified unique vision and talent in the technology industry.
Posted by FCW Staff on May 18, 2012 at 12:11 PM