FCW Forum: Do GSA schedules work for you?
The General Services Administration’s Multiple Award Schedule Advisory Panel wants to know the answer to that question from customers who use the schedules contracts. At a meeting this week, the panel members tossed out questions for agencies.
- Why do you use the schedules?
- Do you consider a best value to be more than price? If so, what are elements do you consider?
- Do you seek competition when ordering from a schedule or pay the original contract price?
- Do you believe the schedules give you the best price?
- Do the schedules meet your needs?
The panel has been disappointed in how few customers have offered their insight on the schedules. It’s only heard from the Justice Department. As a result, agencies around the government — from auditors to contracting officers — may receive an invitation in the mail to answer those questions before the panel.
But first give us your thoughts on those questions. Post a comment on this blog (registration required) or send your comment to [email protected] and we will post it for you.
Posted by Matthew Weigelt on Jun 24, 2008 at 12:12 PM