The White House briefs
Even at 10:30p, the White House has not posted the President's speech. Hmmm...
The White House, however, has posted its 'fact sheets' on its American Competitiveness Initiative
The program calls for:
* Doubling the Federal commitment to the most critical basic research programs in the physical sciences over the next 10 years;
* Encouraging the expansion of a favorable environment for additional private-sector investment in innovation;
* Improving the quality of education to provide American children with a strong foundation in math and science;
* Supporting universities that provide world-class education and research opportunities;
* Providing job training that affords more workers and manufacturers the opportunity to improve their skills and better compete in the 21st century;
* Attracting and retaining the best and brightest to enhance entrepreneurship, competitiveness, and job creation in America by supporting comprehensive immigration reform; and
* Fostering a business environment that encourages entrepreneurship and protects intellectual property.
Posted by Christopher Dorobek on Jan 31, 2006 at 12:15 PM