Renaming State's blog
We have been talkin' about the name of the State Department's blog, DipNote
. There was much consternation. I thought it was OK
, particularly given that they made made fun of it themselves
. That being said, a DC-based journalism blog, FishbowlDC, today has a top 10 list of rejected State Department blog names.
Don't Like "DipNote"?
Not everybody loves the name of the State Department's new blog, "DipNote," including a few FishbowlDC readers who sent in this Top Ten List of Rejected State Department Blog Names:
10. Blackwater Serenade
9. Condi Meant (First Post title: "Condi Fiddles while Nick Burns").
8. Kinky Boots (First Post title: "The Twee Communiques").
7. I Can't Believe It's Not Rumsfeld! (First Post Title: "Allegro Con Dolcezza!")
6. Bottom-up Reconciliation (whoops! That was supposed to be in the "Top Ten Rejected Larry Craig blog names").
4. The Crocker Barrel (First Post: "The Global War On Errorism")
3. The Wolf o' Wits
2. Laying The Morning Cable (First Post: "I've Got Your Long Telegram Right Here, bub!")
Posted on Oct 08, 2007 at 12:17 PM