FCW Insider: Kudos to Deirdre Murray and the WIT winners
We want to send out big congrats to Deirdre Murray who was recognized last night with the Women In Technology
's Lifetime Achievement Award. The award, of course, makes it sounds as if she is done, and given Murray's remarkable energy level, we all know she is far from done. But it is much deserved recognition.
The award was presented during WIT's annual awards program. (I couldn't be at the dinner last night because I had already committed to speaking about collaboration before DC's Social Media Club. (More on that later, depending on how the day goes. I did, however, hear about the awards on DC's Channel 7 given that ABC 7 anchor Maureen Bunyan
was the mistress of ceremonies.)
Murray recently moved to Qwest
after a long tenure at Sprint and Sprint-Nextel. The recognition is much deserved.
Among the other winners, from WIT's press release:
Women in Technology (WITSM), the premier organization contributing to the success of professional women in the Washington technology community, tonight recognized the winners of the Ninth Annual Women in Technology Leadership Awards. The award winners are women from the greater Washington area who have excelled in their roles as mentors, leaders and role models in the dynamic technology industry.
Maureen Bunyan, a prominent local television journalist and news anchor at WJLA-TV (ABC 7), presided over the event as the mistress of ceremonies.
“Once again, the winners of the Women in Technology Leadership Awards are incredibly impressive,” Charlotte Pelliccia, president of WIT, said. “These women are true leaders in their organizations and communities. We are blessed to count such excellent women as members of the local technology community.”
Winners were recognized in the following categories:
- Corporate: Tami A. Erwin, Verizon Wireless, President, Washington/Baltimore/Virginia Region
- Entrepreneur: Katie Sleep, List Innovative Solutions, President and CEO
- Government: Laurie Reyes, Montgomery County Department of Police, Police Officer 3/Project Lifesaver Coordinator
- Rising Star: Nikole Collins-Puri, AT & T, Global Business Services Diversity and Inclusion Manager
- WIT Champion: Carol Moroz, SAP, Client Services Executive
- President's Award: Kathryn Harris, Kathryn Harris, Principal and Founder, Resolution Law Group
- Founders' Award: Marguerete Luter, President, The Process Pro
- Lifetime Achievement Award: Deirdre Murray, Business Development Principal, Qwest Government Services, Inc.
Winners were thoroughly reviewed and selected by the nominations council, which includes a WIT board member, the chair of the leadership awards committee, a former leadership awards winner, a local executive who is not a member of WIT and a member of the media/analyst community.
Posted by Christopher J. Dorobek on May 16, 2008 at 12:17 PM