Klossner: 10 signs you have too many contractors on staff
- They ask if their company's name can go first on agency stationary.
- It is easier logistically for you to attend the contractors' office holiday party.
- Agency headquarters get moved to San Jose.
- When your agency was rumored to be undergoing budget cutbacks, their CEO called immediately to ask you "Now how am I going to pay for that summer home?"
- They ask you to have everyone in the office wear their t-shirts.
- At the weekly agency meeting, the biggest item on the agenda is "remembering everyone's names."
- The agency softball team has a national ranking.
- They start asking why federal employees should get preference for agency parking spaces.
- You install a vending machine for name tags.
- You hire a contractor to tell you what the other contractors do.
Posted by John Klossner on Sep 17, 2008 at 12:18 PM