Download this ebook to learn what you missed at FCW's Face-to-Face CDM event held on March 23, 2017.
The Continuous Diagnostics and Mitigation program is at a turning point.
Over the last several years, The Department of Homeland Security and the General Services Administration have been laying the foundation for CDM, providing agencies with the tools and processes to gain visibility into their IT environments and to understand the risks they face.
In the coming year, DHS and GSA will be working with agencies to develop more advanced capabilities. The second phase, already underway, is focused on managing employee access and privileges and security-related behaviors, while the third phase will address boundary protection, event management and incident response. However, such tools, while necessary, are not sufficient.
This ebook will cover federal cyber experts' discussion on how CDM itself can serve as a foundation for an agency’s broader cybersecurity strategy—not only strengthening its cybersecurity measures but also positioning an agency to adapt and respond as cyber threats evolve.
Topics addressed include:
- An update on the evolution of the CDM program
- Best practices in identity credential and access management
- Emerging trends in security-related behavior management
- Strategies for reducing the attack surface of an agency’s network
- The value of an “as a service” approach to cybersecurity