About the Summit
Cloud is the linchpin of the Trump administration’s strategy to modernize federal IT. In its recent “Report to the White House on IT Modernization,” the American Technology Council calls for agencies to “maximize secure use of cloud computing.”
However, the report also acknowledges that despite recognizing its value, agencies have encountered numerous obstacles to cloud adoption. The task now is to identify technologies, policies and acquisition strategies that clear away those barriers and begin to realize the full benefits of cloud.
It’s a complex environment. Agencies need to understand the different cloud models—public, private and hybrid—and the factors to consider when choosing among them. They also must rethink the overall architecture of their IT environment in light of how they plan to deploy cloud-based systems.
At this event, government and industry IT leaders will discuss how agencies can accelerate their adoption of cloud – and how they can leverage the cloud both to improve the performance and flexibility of their IT operations and to deliver a new class of services.
Topics addressed include:
- System architecture considerations when moving to the cloud
- Different options for migrating legacy systems to the cloud
- Business drivers for use of commercial cloud services
- Business drivers for use of private and/or on-premise cloud services
- Public cloud, private cloud, and the multi-cloud management strategy
- Fostering cloud-based collaboration
- New approaches to cloud security
- Cloud and the future of microservices