Download this eBook to learn what you missed at FCW’s Face-to-Face event held on November 17, 2015.
Since the Office of Management and Budget first announced its "Cloud First" policy in 2010, agencies across government have been testing the cloud, developing new IT processes, and upgrading their existing infrastructure to make their operations cloud-ready.
In many respects, the Cloud First policy has achieved its goal, providing agencies with evidence that the cloud makes it possible to deliver information and services to users working anywhere, anytime and with any device. But these initial forays also revealed the need for new policies and strategies to support the adoption of cloud as a core platform of agency IT operations.
In the eBook, cloud pioneers from across government discuss the road ahead, with a focus on how agencies can move beyond the Cloud First mindset and begin to see the full benefits of cloud computing.
Topics addressed include:
- Key cloud policies and their ramification for agency operations
- Insights into significant cloud strategies at the defense and civilian agencies
- An update on the Federal Risk and Authorization Management Program (FedRAMP) and its evolution
Key policies included:
- NIST’s Government Cloud Computing Technology Roadmap
- Department of Commerce Cloud Computing policy
- DOD Cloud Way Forward
- GSA Cloud IT Services