Research Director, Digital Transformation Strategies
Shawn Fitzgerald is Research Director for IDC Insights' Worldwide Digital Transformation Strategies practice. Mr. Fitzgerald's research coverage is centered on the digital economy and how companies develop and leverage new business, technology, and operating models to disrupt businesses, customers, and markets in pursuit of sustainable business performance, growth, and profitability. Mr. Fitzgerald's research also includes helping companies realize viable digital visions and strategies through transformative leadership, driving organizational change, and creating and managing their 3rdplatform ecosystems across industry verticals.
Prior to IDC, Shawn was Global Director, Process Excellence and Supply Chain Best Practices at one of three fully integrated currency banknote design, engineering, and manufacturing companies in the world. While in this role, he developed and deployed a world-class Lean Six Sigma change management program as well as leading the team which developed a security product for the Reserve Bank of India's three highest banknote denominations. Earlier in his career, Shawn led the global order-to-cash initiative at AlliedSignal (Honeywell), a $15B Dow 30 company.
He is widely recognized as an expert in complex change management initiatives using proven Lean, Six Sigma, and complex portfolio management tools and techniques as well as having been an industry analyst at AMR Research.
- Post-graduate Executive Program from MIT's Sloan School of Management in Managing Technical Professionals and Organizations
- M.B.A. in Finance with honors from the University of Scranton
- B.S. in Accounting and Finance from Montclair State University
- Certified Lean Six Sigma Black Belt
- Speaker and presenter to industry forums
- Quoted in a number of trade and industry journals