As a recent congressional report noted, artificial intelligence “has the potential to dramatically reshape the nation’s economic growth and welfare. It is critical the federal government … to understand, develop, and manage the risks associated with this technology’s increased use.”
Agencies already are using AI in efforts that range from cybersecurity and defense to public health and workforce development, but that’s just the beginning. New tools, improving algorithms and the cloud’s ability to scale both data storage and processing power mean advanced analytics, machine learning and intelligent automation can be applied to virtually any government mission.
The trick is in knowing what's possible, and learning from the early adopters. This event will bring together IT leaders, AI experts and other technologists to discuss both the possibilities and practical considerations.
Possible discussion topics include:
- The intersection of AI and cybersecurity
- Emerging tools and technologies
- Preparing your data for intelligent analytics
- Cultivating the necessary expertise
- Augmenting the workforce with AI
- Intelligent chatbots and citizen service
- AI and automation of existing business processes
- What mission owners should know about AI