Colonel Brandon Pearce
Chief Information Security Officer
National Geospatial-Intelligence Agency
Colonel Brandon H. Pearce serves as the Chief Information Security Officer and Director of Cybersecurity at the National Geospatial-Intelligence Agency. Col Pearce directs over 100 military, government civilians and contractors safeguarding information and information systems from threats while supporting the Agency's need to conduct secure and effective operations, and is the Authorizing Official for Agency information systems. He and his team publish and enforce cybsersecurity strategy, standards, policies and procedures that comply with law, policy and Agency agreements. The National Geospatial-Intelligence Agency (NGA) delivers world-class geospatial intelligence that provides a decisive advantage to warfighters, policymakers, intelligence professionals and first responders.
Colonel Pearce entered active duty in the Air Force in March 1987, and was commissioned through the Air Force Academy in June 1993. Colonel Pearce has served in a variety of leadership positions in the joint arena and at multiple levels of the Air Force, both in garrison and deployed operations including Bosnia, Iraq, and Afghanistan. Colonel Pearce's squadron command was at the 91st Network Warfare Squadron, directly supporting operations Enduring Freedom, Iraqi Freedom, and the Global War on Terror. Prior to his posting to NGA, Colonel Pearce served as the Chief of Current Intelligence, United States Cyber Command.
- 1993 Bachelor of Science in Military History, US Air Force Academy, Colorado Springs CO
- 1999 Squadron Officer School, Maxwell Air Force Base AL
- 2004 Master of Science in Strategic Intelligence, Joint Military Intelligence College, Washington DC
- 1. June 1987 - July 1988, Munitions Systems Maintenance Technician, 59th Tactical Fighter Squadron, Eglin Air Force Base FL
- 2. July 1988 - July 1989, Cadet Candidate, US Air Force Academy Preparatory School, Colorado Springs CO
- 3. July 1989 - June 1993, Cadet, US Air Force Academy, Colorado Springs CO
- 4. June 1993 - July 1994, Student, Intelligence Officer Training Course, Goodfellow Air Force Base TX