About the Event
Identity and access management is the linchpin of digital government. Whether interacting with internal employees or external constituents, federal agencies need the ability to create a trusted digital relationship—ensuring that interactions are secure, privacy is protected, and the user experience is seamless.
It a complex undertaking, because of the complexity of the federal IT environment, in which services might be accessed through a variety of channels and a variety of end-user devices. If that complexity is visible to the end-user, digital services will not succeed.
This event will bring together thought-leaders from government and industry to discuss recent advances in identity and access management and related technologies and strategies.
Potential topics to be addressed include:
- IAM and its role in a broader cyber strategy
- Single sign on strategies for improving the end-user experience
- Advances in FICAM, NSTIC, and related guidelines and standards
- The intersection of IAM and the Internet of Things (IoT)
- The role of smart card-based authentication—and the future beyond the card form factor
- IAM in a multi-channel, multi-platform digital services environment