Although it got an encouraging $1 billion funding shot in the arm from the American Rescue Plan Act in early 2020, the effort to modernize and transform an aging infrastructure remains a complicated task that takes coordination, executive buy-in and detailed security and data strategies to make it work.
The $1 billion set aside for the Technology Modernization Fund in the ARP smooths some modernization budgeting issues for agencies, which have been struggling to deal with high-profile hacks of federal IT in the past year, more widely-dispersed workforces and increasing customer service demands on federal systems.
This FCW Summit will discuss new policies and guidance that will govern these changes, as well as technology advances as data shifts to hybrid cloud architectures. In addition, agencies that are well into their modernization journey will share lessons learned that can help others avoid mistakes and speed the process.
By attending this FCW Summit, you will learn about:
- Technology Modernization Fund changes and success stories
- New security requirements and expanding threats
- How emerging technology is shaping the modernization process
- The path ahead for cloud adoption and broadening shared services
- The importance of leveraging data as an asset
- What changes the federal workforce can expect to remain in a post-pandemic world
- Reskilling efforts to modernize the existing federal workforce