presidential candidates, leadership and their Internet use
read ITAA's assessment here. [.pdf]hereITAA's press release on the assessment here
ITAA assessment [.pdf]
Industry Leader's Guide to the 2008 Administration Transition
There are a multitude of factors shaping the environment in which the new administration will operate, such as spending levels, budget constraints, and human capital challenges. These factors will shape the needs of the government as it weathers the transition, and beyond.
There are several reasons why industry leaders should begin thinking about this now:
• In the near-term, the transition can impact human capital, budgets, programs, and procurement, and reveal near-term (FY09 and FY2010) needs that industry leaders can begin preparing for now.
• Although the full influence of the President-elect will not be felt for roughly 18 to 24 months into the term, industry leaders can begin to evaluate key policy areas and begin strategic planning now.
• Agency leadership is beginning the process of reviewing programs for weaknesses, performance issues, and risk factors. They are also working to deemphasize political affiliations with programs. Agency customers will need contractors’ help now to develop plans for identifying, mitigating, and solving problems before the new administration takes office, and
contribute an external perspective on the program.
• Changing priorities within the new class of appointees may require contractors to reassess their solutions, value propositions, and sales strategies, which could require significant time and investment.
• As political appointees begin leaving (if they haven’t already), contractors will need to identify and recruit more program champions among the remaining stakeholders.
This report will examine the potential impact on government and the IT community during the transition process, provide analysis of the impact of the Democrat and Republican agendas on technology, and offer recommendations for supporting agency partners and finding critical areas to support the pipeline during the transition and beyond.
June 9, 2008 cover of The Economist"America at its best."
NEXT STORY: DISA expands cloud services